Go hiking, bird watch, swim in the sea or simply enjoy nature and your connection to it. It’s good for the body and great for the soul.
We are blessed with a fantastic natural environment, with so many beautiful places for us to explore right on our doorstep. So organise a family picnic at a local park, pop down to the beach for a day or walk along a river or through a forest. Take a deep breath and be thankful for nature’s wonders.
How to do it now!
There are over 3000 national and state parks, reserves and areas covering all ecosystems from desert to marine spread across Australia in every state. Here are some of the state guides available:
- Victoria – Parks Victoria, Victorian National Parks Association
- New South Wales – National Parks and Wildlife Service
- Queensland – Parks and Forests
- Western Australia – Parks and Recreation
- South Australia – Parks SA
- Tasmania – Parks & Wildlife Service Tasmania
- Australian Capital Territory – Parks and Reserves
- Northern Territory – Parks and reserves
There’s also some good information to be found on your local council website on places close to home.